Feb. 26, 2012
ALLSTON, Mass. - Competing in its second match of the weekend, the Boston University women's tennis team dropped a 7-0 decision to Furman on Sunday afternoon at Harvard University. After winning two of three doubles matches and sweeping through singles, the Paladins improve to 3-5, while the Terriers fall to 4-2.
Senior Monika Mical led BU by winning the top doubles contest with freshman Sami Lieb against Furman's Lauren Kline/Alex Moreno-Kaste, 8-7(5). She then won the most amount of games for the Terriers in a 6-4, 6-4 loss to Margaret Boyette at No. 3 singles.
BU will next face No. 44 Brown on Sunday, March 4, in Dorchester, Mass.
Furman - 7, Boston University - 0
1) Kline (Furman) def. Vivien Laszloffy (BU): 6-3, 6-2
2) Stanford (Furman) def. Leonie-Charlotte Athanasiadis (BU): 6-2, 6-4
3) Boyette (Furman) def. Monika Mical (BU): 6-4, 6-4
4) Oudin (Furman) def. Jessi Linero (BU): 6-2, 6-0
5) Moreno-Kaste (Furman) def. Sami Lieb (BU): 6-2, 6-0
6) Murray (Furman) def. Petra Santini(BU): 6-1, 6-4
1) Mical/Lieb (BU) def. Kline/Moreno-Kaste (Furman): 8-7(5)
2) Boyette/Sullivan (Furman) def. Laszloffy/Linero (BU): 8-4
3) Stanford/Murray (Furman) def. Athanasiadis / Kendal Drake (BU): 8-3