Feb. 2, 2014
BOSTON - Playing its third dual match in three days, the Boston University women's tennis team won five singles points in straight sets to defeat Georgetown, 5-1, on Sunday afternoon at the BU Track & Tennis Center.
The Terriers (3-1) rebounded from Saturday's hard-fought 4-3 loss to Dartmouth with a dominating performance against the Hoyas (1-5).
Senior Leonie-Charlotte Athanasiadis and junior Sami Lieb dropped the fewest games at two apiece in victories at the No. 3 and 5 spots, respectively.
Sophomore Lauren Davis joined Lieb in remaining perfect in the dual season at 4-0 with a 6-2, 6-2 victory in the top slot. Freshman Barbara Rodriguez rolled past her opponent, 6-1, 6-2 at No. 4, while sophomore Johanna Hyoty claimed a 6-3, 6-2 victory at No. 2.
The Hoyas avoided the sweep by pulling out a 6-3, 6-4 decision against sophomore Kim McCallum at No. 6.
The Terriers will return to action at No. 66 Harvard on Saturday (Feb. 8) at 2 p.m.
Boston University - 5, Georgetown - 1
1. Lauren Davis (BU) def. Kelly Comolli (GTOWN): 6-2, 6-2
2. Johanna Hyoty (BU) def. Sophia Barnard (GTOWN): 6-3, 6-2
3. L. Athanasiadis (BU) def. Liselot Koenen (GTOWN): 6-1, 6-1
4. Barbara Rodriguez (BU) def. Madeline Jaeger (GTOWN): 6-1, 6-2
5. Sami Lieb (BU) def. Sophie Panarese (GTOWN): 6-0, 6-2
6. Victoire Saperstein (GTOWN) def. Kim McCallum (BU): 6-3, 6-4
7. Iris Lin (BU) def. Taylor Perz (GTOWN): 6-4, 6-2