Feb. 2, 2015
Leading up to the Feb. 13 season opener at Arizona State's Littlewood Classic, GoTerriers.com will be posting a Q&A session with each of the softball newcomers.
Past Q&As with returning players can be found here.
Other Newcomer Q&As: Ericson | Overly | Schanda
Today's Subject: Emma Wong (Solana Beach, Calf.)
1. What is your favorite softball memory?
My favorite softball memory is winning back- to- back San Diego Section Championships my sophomore and junior years of high school. These two championships were the only softball championships in my high school’s history.
2. What is your earliest softball memory?
My earliest softball memory is when I was 7 years old and on my first recreational softball team. Our team color was green and even though none of us had played before, we had a lot of fun.
3. When did you know Boston University was the right school for you?
I wanted to go to a school with rich academics in an urban setting so BU was a good fit for me.
4. What was it like to put on a BU uniform for the first time during the fall?
It was so exciting to put a BU uniform on in the fall because it symbolized the official beginning of college softball. It is such an honor to be able to wear the uniform and represent the school.
5. Who is your role model and why?
My role models are my parents. They amaze me everyday and have taught me everything I know in life.
6. What sport would you be playing if you weren’t playing softball and why?
If I were not playing softball, I would be playing soccer. I used to play soccer when I was younger, but I decided I wanted to play softball instead.
7. What are your best attributes you feel you bring to the team?
I feel that I bring a competitive spirit to the team and a good work ethic.
8. Which athlete’s career would you most like to have and why?
I would love to have Mia Hamm’s career. She was on the National Soccer team at age 15. She was a four time NCAA Champion, won two FIFA World Cups and two Olympic games. In a time where women’s sports were scarcely showcased, she fought for her team to be put on the map and got people talking with her performances.
9. What is your dream job?
My dream job is working for ESPNW and helping market women’s sports so that female athletes can receive the same attention as male athletes.
10. What has been your favorite BU memory so far?
My favorite BU memory so far has been the team’s day trip to Salem, Mass. It was so fun to explore the town around Halloween and get to spend time with my teammates.
11. What are your personal and team goals for the season?
Our team goals for this season are to win the Patriot League and win at least two games in the Regional Tournament. My personal goal for this season is to play to my potential every game.
12. What pregame music do you listen to and why?
I enjoy to all types of music pregame so the songs I listen to depend on what I feel like listening to that day. My iPod is filled with country, pop, rock, and hip- hop.
13. In ONE word, what is the best thing about Boston?
Downtown. I love the energy downtown as there are always people rushing around. I enjoy getting to explore the history of Boston and learning more about the city.