Feb. 16, 2016
BOSTON - Riding a season-high six-game win streak, the Boston University men's basketball team will host Colgate on Wednesday with tip-off slated for 7 p.m.
The Terriers (16-11, 9-5) currently sit one game behind first-place leader Bucknell in a three-way tie for second alongside both Navy and Lehigh. The Raiders (12-13, 8-6) are just 2-4 in their last six games but the two wins came against the Bison (91-81) and the Midshipmen (58-55) to keep Colgate within striking distance.
During its recent win streak, BU has claimed a two-game sweep against Loyola, American and Lafayette after avoiding being swept with a split against Navy and Lehigh. Now, the Terriers will look to avenge an earlier 85-78 loss in Hamilton, N.Y.
• BU's six-game win streak is the longest since the Terriers won seven during conference action in 2014 en route to the conference regular season title ... They are 7-4 at home with a 4-3 conference mark.
• BU is averaging 77.8 ppg and shooting 48.3 percent during the six-game win streak, while opponents are being held to 68.3 ppg and 40.4 FG% ... The Terriers are also winning the rebounding battle with a positive margin of 7.0 rppg.
• Sophomore Cheddi Mosely (13.8 ppg) is averaging a team-high 16.3 ppg while shooting 44.1 percent from behind the arc during the streak ... Junior Eric Fanning (15.0 ppg) is averaging an identical 16.3 ppg after recording 25 points in last week's win over the Eagles ... He followed with 14 points and a career-high 15 rebounds on Saturday at Loyola.
• Senior Nathan Dieudonne (10.5 ppg, 7.9 rpg) saw his PL-only rebounding average drop below double figures to 9.8 rpg after leaving late in the first half last Wednesday with just three rebounds due to injury ... He has missed one game so far.
• Junior Blaise Mbargorba (3.7 ppg, 2.4 rpg) has stepped up the last two games, first posting a career-tying seven rebounds against American and then seven points against Loyola ... Junior Dylan Haines (2.4 ppg, 2.2 rpg) became the 13th Terrier this season to reach double figures with a career-high 10 points on Saturday.
• Sophomore Nick Havener (7.1 ppg, 6.0 rpg) ranks fifth in the PL-only rebounding category at 6.4 rpg and third in blocks (1.4 bpg).
• Four-time PL Rookie of the Week Kyle Foreman (9.7 ppg, 4.0 apg) has reached double figures in each of the last four games and has tallied a team-high nine steals during the last six games ... Mbargorba has posted 11 blocks during the same stretch as well to help defensively, while Havener has earned nine.
• Colgate is 2-2 in the month of February ... The Raiders are 5-10 on the road compared to a 7-3 home mark with a 3-4 conference road record.
• Colgate defeated New Hampshire at home, 75-59 ... The Terriers defeated the Wildcats at home, 78-74.
• The Raiders average 69.2 ppg and 44.8 FG% while hoding opponents to 70.2 ppg and 44.4 FG%, respectively ... BU has yet to lose a game this season when holding opponents below 70 points, but has yet to win a game this season when opponents finish with a higher shooting percentage.
• 6-foot-0 guard Austin Tillotson ranks seventh in the PL in scoring at 14.2 ppg while averaging 5.2 apg, second best in the conference.
• 6-foot-7 forwards Tom Rivard (10.5 ppg, 4.1 rpg) and Jordan Swopshire (10.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg) are the other two Raiders averaging double figures ... Rivard scored a career-high 24 points int he win against Bucknell this past weekend.
• 6-foot-8 forward Malcolm Regisford ranks sixth in the PL in rebounding at 6.1 rpg while averaging 5.9 ppg.
• The Terriers lead the all-time series, 24-18, as the teams were previously members of the America East from 1979-1989.
• They met for the first time in 2014 since Colgate left to join the PL with BU claiming a sweep en route to the Patriot League regular season title ... Colgate snapped a 20-game losing streak in the series with a sweep of its own last season despite the Terriers owning double-digit leads in the first half of each contest.
• Colgate extended its win streak to three games with an 85-78 win back on Jan. 20 ... Trailing, 44-38, with 17:19 left, the Raiders converted on back-to-back 3-point plays and used 10 of Tillotson's game-high 22 points to go on a 24-6 run over the following six minutes.
• The Raiders shot 58.3 percent from the field and hit 14-of-25 (.560) from behind the arc against a BU squad playing its second game in three days ... Dieudonne led the Terriers with 14 points and 10 rebounds for the double-double.
• The Terriers will next hit the road for the final time this regular season with a trip to Bucknell on Sunday (Feb. 21) at 12 p.m. ... BU will be making its third appearance on the CBS Sports Network having previously claimed wins over Loyola Maryland and Lehigh at home.
• Defending PL regular season champion Bucknell has won the last four meetings against BU, including a 74-71 victory at Case Gym back on Jan. 23 ... That contest marked the Terriers' last defeat beofre the current win streak.