After sweeping through doubles, the Boston University men's tennis team captured five singles points, including four in straight sets, to conclude the lengthy homestand with a 6-1 win over Bentley.
Boston University - 6, Bentley - 1
BU (3-2), Bentley (2-2)
Track & Tennis Center - Boston, Mass.
Full Results: HTML
- The Terriers jumped out to a 1-0 lead by winning the three doubles matches by a combined score of 18-7.
- After teaming with sophomore Satyajit Simhadri for a 6-2 win at No. 1 doubles, senior Lucas Bombonatti dropped just one game at line 1 in singles action.
- Senior Jake De Vries won all 12 games in a dominating performance at No. 4 singles.
- Senior Mario Sandoval (#3) and freshman J.P. Avila both won in straight sets, while freshman Marc Sable lost just two games combined in the final two sets for a 4-6, 6-1, 6-1 win.
- The Falcons avoided the sweep by holding off senior Miguel Cepeda at line 6 in a super tiebreaker win, 6-4, 2-6, 10-7.
- The Terriers will remain in the area and make a short trek to MIT on Friday (Feb. 10) at 5 p.m.