NEW HAVEN, Conn. –
After sweeping through doubles, the Boston University women's tennis tennis team claimed five of six singles points, including two in straight sets, to post a 6-1 victory over Stony Brook at Yale's Cullman-Heyman Tennis Center.
Boston University 6, Stony Brook 1
BU (6-8), SBU (3-7)
Cullman-Heyman Tennis Center – New Haven, Conn.
Full Results: HTML
- Senior Barbara Rodriguez and sophomore Remi Ramos started off doubles action with a 6-2 win in the top slot.
- The Terriers claimed the point with the tandems of sophomore Sabrina Faybyshev & junior Iryna Kostirko and senior Madison Craft and sophomore Sophia Kryloff posting identical 7-5 scores in their respective match.
- Kryloff dropped the fewest games in singles with a 6-1, 6-2 win at No. 5, while freshman Clara Falxa rolled to a 6-4, 6-1 win in the No. 6 slot.
- Faybyshev rallied from a set down at line 4 with a 3-6, 6-4, 6-1 victory, and Kostirko accomplished the same feat in the top singles slot with a 5-7, 6-4, 10-7 victory.
- Rodriguez (#3) held off a late charge to post a 6-3, 5-7, 10-5 win.
- The Seawolves avoided the sweep at line 2 with a 7-5, 6-0 win over Ramos.
- After snapping a three-match losing streak, the Terriers will return home to host Bryant on Friday (March 31) at 3 p.m.
- The contest will mark Senior Day for both Craft and Rodriguez, who have helped lead BU to three Patriot League titles during their time at BU.