In it's opening game of the spring season, the Boston University women's team overmatched Northeastern, 3-2, Sunday afternoon at Nickerson Field.
led the Terriers with two goals, while Chelsea Churchill
also ripped one into the back of the net.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wilcox's first strike came off a through ball behind the back line from Julianna Chen. With Northeastern's goalkeeper coming off her post, Wilcox slotted a left-footed shot past the keeper to put the Terriers on the board first.
- She lit the scoreboard again as Dorrie Varley-Barrett drove the end line before sending the ball back across the 18-yard line, where Wilcox finished with a one-timer.
- Churchill tallied BU's third goal in a similar fashion, sending in a one-timer from just inside the 18-yard line off a feed from McKenna Doyle.
- Hannah Ciolek made a tip-save within the first five minutes of play en route to shutting out the Huskies in the first half.
- Northeastern got two goals in the second half off a rebound and a penalty kick.
- Emma Heil closed out the game in net, fending off several last-minute attacks from the Huskies to preserve the win.
- The Terriers spring slate will resume at Nickerson Field on Saturday, April 1 for a noon contest with New Hampshire.