After winning the doubles point, the Boston University men's tennis team captured five singles points, including three in straight sets, to claim a 6-1 victory at Fordham on Saturday afternoon.
With their largest margin of victory on the road this season, the Terriers improve to 9-9, while the Rams (11-6) fall to 6-2 at home.
HOW IT HAPPENED
NEXT UP: Sacred Heart
- Junior Satyajit Simhadri and freshman Pete Siozios teamed for a 6-1 win at No. 2 doubles.
- The Rams pulled out a 7-6 win at line 3, but freshman David Bogatin and sophomore Fabian Soemarno posted an identical score in the top slot to clinch the doubles point.
- Bogatin carried momentum to singles, as he dropped just two games in a dominating No. 3 win.
- Simhadri rolled to a 6-4, 6-0 victory at line 1, while sophomore Marc Sable earned a 6-4, 6-3 victory at line 6.
- Both freshmen Owen Lu (#2) and Pedro Gutierrez (#4) rallied from a set down to help the Terriers avenge a 5-2 home loss to Fordham back in 2012.
- Fordham avoided the sweep with a 6-1, 1-6, 6-2 win at line 5.
- The Terriers will visit the state of Connecticut next weekend for a pair of matches.
- BU will first face Sacred Heart at Yale's campus next Saturday (April 7) and then visit UConn on Sunday, April 8.
- BU swept SHU, 7-0, at home last season.