BOSTON – Continuing a three-game road trip, the Boston University men's basketball team will face UConn at the XL Center in Hartford with the SNY/ESPN3 broadcast set for 7 p.m.
The Terriers will enter the matchup looking to rebound from Monday's 80-67 loss at Saint Peter's, while the Huskies will be trying to avoid their second two-game losing streak following last Wednesday's 79-69 loss to Oregon at the Maui Invitational in Hawaii.
- Before the loss at Saint Peter's, BU was off to its best start through five games since opening the 2004-05 season with a 4-1 record ... Now, the Terriers will try to match the 2013-14 squad's start of 6-2.
- BU ranks 67th nationally in scoring offense at 81.3 ppg and 28th in shooting percentage (49.7 FG%) with the help of 15.0 assists per game, the 105th-best mark.
- Showcasing BU's depth this season, 11 players have already reached double figures with five different Terriers leading in scoring through six games (Eric Fanning - 2x) ... For returners, sophomore Kyle Foreman (20p), sophomore Kamali Chambers (16p) and junior Will Goff (14p) have already reached career highs.
- BU is averaging 9.3 3FGs, up from last year's 8.0 avg ... Seven men have hit at least four 3FGs so far.
- In both losses, BU shot below 30 percent from three, while opponents shot over 40 percent.
- Highlighted by season-opening 29-point performance at Northeastern, senior Eric Fanning leads BU in scoring at 13.8 ppg with junior Cheddi Mosely (11.0 ppg) also in double figures.
- Defensively, BU is holding opponents to 41.7 percent shooting with a positive 4.8 rebound margin (95th-best).
- Highlighted by a double-double against LIU Brooklyn, Nick Havener leads the Terriers in rebounding at 6.8 rpg.
- BU went 5-5 on the road last year in non-conference games with a 69-66 victory over Fordham in the 1st round of CIT ... With former NCAA champions UConn and NC State next on the slate. the Terriers will try to avoid opening a season with four straight road losses for the first time since 2011-12.
- The Huskies are 0-2 in home games this year with losses to Wagner (67-58) and Northeastern (64-61), but both contests were at Gampbel Pavilion in Storrs. ... This will be UConn's first game at the XL Center this season.
- UConn's two wins came at Loyola Marymount (65-62) and Chaminade (93-82) during the Maui Invitational ... The other two losses came against Oregon and Oklahoma State (98-90).
- 6-foot-3 guard Jalen Adams was named to the Maui All-Tournament Team after averaging 28.7 ppg and 7.3 apg in Hawaii.
- Adams leads UConn in scoring at 19.8 ppg with 6-foot-4 guard Rodney Purvis at 12.3 ppg.
- 7-foot-0 center Amida Brimah is averaging a team-best 6.0 rpg and an impressive 3.2 bpg.
- In Maui, UConn's offense exploded for 84 points per game - after averaging 61.3 points in its first three games ... The Huskies shot 52.6-percent from the field combined while in Hawaii.
- UConn owns a 42-12 advantage in an all-time series that dates back to 1930 but is only facing BU for the fourth time since the 1990 NCAA 1st Rd. matchup ... Both programs were members of the Yankee Conference during the mid-1970s.
- In last meeting at Gampel Pavilion on Nov. 17, 2013, the Terriers led, 43-42, and were later tied, 46-46, at 15:04 in the second half before UConn went on an 18-3 run to claim a 77-60 win.
- In the last game at the XL Center in 2009, No. 13 UConn trailed, 13-9, with 13:19 left in half and went on a 21-4 run en route to a 92-64 victory.
- BU last beat UConn at home in 1986.