In a matchup featuring the top two Patriot League squads, the Boston University men's basketball team will visit Bucknell on Saturday with the American Sports Network broadcast slated for 2 p.m.
The Bison currently sit at 6-1 in conference play, one game ahead of the Terriers (5-2), who will be playing their third game in six days.
- BU had its five-game win streak snapped on Monday at Loyola Maryland (77-69) before losing on Wednesday at home to Colgate (67-58) ... The Terriers entered the week shooting 45.7 3FG% but went a combined 6-of-38 (.157) from behind the arc in the two losses.
- 2016 PL All-Conference First Team honoree Eric Fanning earned a double-double in each of the last two games and now leads the team in both scoring (14.2 ppg) and rebounding (6.4 rpg).
- Senior Justin Alston (11.1 ppg, 6.2 rpg) and junior Nick Havener (6.1 ppg, 5.7 rpg) went a combined 22-of-33 FG (.667) in the two games, though the rest of the team went 23-of-87 (.264) ... Alston ranks fourth in the PL in field goal shooting at 56.9 FG%.
- In his last meeting with Bucknell in 2015 (on the road), redshirt-junior Cedric Hankerson (11.4 ppg) hit four treys on five attempts en route to 19 points, while adding eight rebounds, four assists and three steals ... He currently leads the PL in made 3-pointers per game at 2.8.
- BU is holding opponents to PL-leading 41.5 FG% and is on track to lead a conference for the first time since holding teams to 37.9 FG% in 2004-05 ... Army is second at 43.1 FG%.
- The Terriers are 2-1 on the road in conference play with wins at Navy and Lafayette.
- Defending Patriot League regular season champion Bucknell is 6-2 at home with a 72-70 loss to Princeton and 82-71 loss to preseason favorite Lehigh ... Own strong home wins over Manhattan (76-64), Richmond (73-68) and Robert Morris (75-62).
- Bucknell is coming off wins over the two schools that just defeated the Terriers, Colgate (83-69) and Loyola (76-63).
- Four players have started in all 20 games, and all four average double figures - Zach Thomas (15.6 ppg), Nana Foulland (14.6 ppg), Kimbal Mackenzie (10.5 ppg) and Stephen Brown (10.4 ppg) ... Nate Jones (4.5 ppg) and Avi Toomer (3.1 ppg) have combined for the other 20 starts.
- Foulland also leads the Bison in both rebounding (8.4 rpg) and blocks (1.9 bpg), while Brown leads in assists (4.9 apg) and steals (1.7 spg).
- Bucknell ranks 47th nationally in field goal percentage at 47.6 FG% and is holding opponents to 43.8 FG% ... The Terriers
- The Bison rank 69th nationally in made free throw attempts and are averaging three more per game than the Terriers though own a lower FT percentage ... BU is 6-1 when hitting more FTs.
- Bucknell leads the all-time series, 8-3, and won the first-ever meeting in 2005 at Santa Clara's Cable Car Classic.
- In Patriot League contests, the Bison earned a sweep each of the last two seasons after the road team prevailed both times in 2014.
- In the first meeting last year at home, BU was up 26-9 before Bucknell reeled off 11 straight points ... The Terriers missed a buzzer-beating 3-pointer for the 74-71 loss ... Game marked the only time last season BU held a double-digit lead and lost ... Bucknell's Stephen Brown had game-high 21 points and three huge steals in the second half for the win.
- In the rematch at Bucknell, the Bison trailed 27-25 with 3:41 remaining in the first half before reeling off 16 straight points over the next five minutes of action ... Bucknell then went 8-of-13 3FG in the second half to pull away for 80-59 victory.