BETHLEHEM, Pa. – Senior Cal Dearth scored two goals but the No. 16/18 Boston University men's lacrosse team suffered a 10-6 setback at Lehigh on Saturday afternoon at Ulrich Sports Complex.
Final Score: Lehigh 10, 16/18 Boston University 6
Records: BU (9-2, 3-2 PL), Lehigh (5-4, 3-3 PL)
Location: Ulrich Sports Complex - Bethlehem, Pa.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- BU opened up a 2-0 lead just 3:51 into the proceedings when senior Cal Dearth and freshman John MacLean each scored. Junior Ryan Hilburn and sophomore Brendan Homire each collected an assist to help build the lead.
- After Lehigh evened the score, junior Jack Wilson converted a feed from sophomore James Burr with 18 seconds left in the opening quarter to give BU a 3-2 lead.
- The Mountain Hawks scored all three goals in the second quarter to take a 5-3 lead into halftime and eventually held an 8-3 advantage.
- Junior Hayden Ruiz scored with 52 seconds to play in the third quarter to cut the deficit to 8-4 before junior Greg Farris capitalized on a two-man advantage to make it an 8-5 game early in the fourth frame.
- Lehigh scored a man-up goal with 9:50 to play to take a 9-5 lead, but Dearth got the goal right back after Hilburn scooped up a ground ball to keep the play alive.
- A late Lehigh goal extended its lead to 10-6, which is where the score finished.
- Junior Joe Stucky went 13-of-19 at the faceoff X with nine ground balls.
- Wilson extended his point streak to 37 games.
- Dearth led the Terriers with two goals.
- Three other Terriers – Hilburn (2a), MacLean (1g, 1a) and Ruiz (1g, 1a) - tallied two points apiece as well.
- Senior Greg Wozniak caused two turnovers and gathered four ground balls.
- Three other Terrier seniors - Jack Beall, Dominick Calisto and Henry Lee - also caused two turnovers each.
- Senior Christian Carson-Banister made 12 saves.
- The Terriers collected 42 ground balls to just 28 for Lehigh.
- BU will conclude its two-game road trip on Saturday, April 8, at Army West Point.
- Game time is set for 12 p.m.