– Senior Christian Carson-Banister
made 18 saves and senior Cal Dearth
tallied three points, but the No. 20 Boston University men's lacrosse team suffered an 18-8 setback to No. 6 Duke on Sunday afternoon at the Battle at Bethpage.
#6 Duke 18, #20 Boston University 8
BU (12-5), Duke (12-4)
Bethpage High School – Bethpage, N.Y.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- BU had an early 1-0 lead when Dearth notched an unassisted goal.
- Duke answered with two straight goals before junior Jack Wilson tallied two in a row, with Dearth and senior Pat Myers providing the assists, to give BU a 3-2 lead.
- The Blue Devils tallied nine straight goals however to take a 10-3 lead before junior Ryan Hilburn's man-up goal stopped the run.
- Duke led, 12-4, at halftime before senior Ryan Johnston converted a feed from freshman John MacLean to make it a 12-5 game.
- Hilburn and Dearth and senior Chad Bell each scored in the final quarter for the Terriers, with Myers assisting on Bell's goal.
THANK YOU SENIORS
- Wilson moved his point streak to 43 games thanks to a pair of goals.
- Dearth finished the year with at least one goal in all 17 games this season.
- Carson-Banister's 18 saves were a season high.
- MacLean and Myers each finished with two assists while Hilburn scored two goals. Five Terriers in all had multiple points on Sunday.
- Senior Dominick Calisto caused three turnovers and added three ground balls.
- Senior Jack Beall forced two turnovers and added three ground balls while classmate Henry Lee also had two caused turnovers in addition to Dearth, Myers and senior Cam Pincus all had one caused turnover.
- Freshman Chase Levesque won three faceoffs, gathered three ground balls and caused two turnovers.
- Senior Allen Winkoff finished the day with two ground balls and once caused turnover.
- Sunday was the final game for 17 seniors who laid the foundation for the program.
- BU won 28 games in four years, including a program-record 12 this season.
- All 15 seniors available to dress today did, closing out their Terrier careers.