The Boston University men's basketball team will open a two-game road trip in the state of Maryland with a visit to Navy on Saturday afternoon at 2 p.m.
- BU is 4-5 on the road this season with wins at Northeastern, Albany, New Hampshire and Elon ... The Terriers have lost their last two at American and Dartmouth.
- The Terriers are 1-2 in conference play with an 87-80 home win over two-time defending Patriot League champion Buckell and losses to both Army (86-82) and American (86-74)
- Junior Max Mahoney was named earlier this week to the Lou Henson Award (Mid-Major Player of the Year) Mid-Season Watch List ... Owner of three double-doubles, he's currently averaging a team-high 16.4 ppg and 6.1 rpg while shooting 67.3 FG%, seventh-best mark in the country.
- Classmate Tyler Scanlon (13.3 ppg, 5.4 rpg) nearly had a triple double against the Black Knights with eight points, eight rebounds and career-tying seven assists ... He remains the team leader in both assists (3.3 apg) and steals (1.3 spg).
- The Terriers have 11 players averaging at least 9.6 minutes per game and nine of them have reached double figures in points ... Freshman Jonas Harper (15 pts.) and sophomore Andrew Petcash (12 pts.) both hit the mark for the first time against Army.
- BU ranks 40th nationally at 48.1 FG%, just below the school record of 48.4 FG% set in 1983-84 ... The Terriers are averaging 72.8 ppg and holding opponents to 70.5 ppg.
- Coming off a 71-63 loss at America, the Midshipmen are 2-1 in conference play with home wins over 2018 Patriot League semifinal participants Colgate (72-66) and Holy Cross (50-48).
- Navy has had far more success at home with a 4-3 record compared to the 1-6 road mark ... The Mids own wins over Bryant, Coppin State and Delaware with eight double-digit losses.
- 6-foot-7 forward George Kiernan is averaging a team-high 11.8 ppg and 5.4 rpg while shooting 38.7 percent from the field ... 6-foot-1 guard Cam Davis is the other Mid in double figures at 11.0 ppg with 6-foot-0 guard Hasan Abdullah (3.9 apg) close behind at 9.6 ppg.
- The Mids are only averaging 62.8 ppg and 38.2 FG% but rank 95th nationally at 37.4 rpg while holding teams to 71.6 ppg, 44.3 FG% and 35.4 rpg.
- Navy ranks 22nd with fewest fouls and 46th in free throw percentage (.740).
- Owing a 9-3 advantage in the all-time series, BU won the first-ever meeting in the 1959 NCAA tournament in overtime in Charlotte, North Carolina, to reach the Elite Eight.
- The Terriers are a perfect 5-0 at Alumni Hall ... BU and the Midshipmen have split each of the last three years with the road team winning each game after the Terriers swept Navy during their first two seasons in the PL.
- In the 62-48 home loss last season, BU was held to 37.8 FG% with 16 turnovers after shooting 55.6 FG% in the 75-68 road win.