Kingston, RI -
The Boston University men's track & field team continued its indoor season on Saturday, competing at the URI Sorlein Invite against teams from Rhode Island, Assumption, Brown, Coast Guard, Providence, Quinnipiac, Southern Connecticut and Stonehill.
Competing on a flat track, the Terriers earned six top-5 finishes on the day. Freshman Nikolas Smith
took second in the 200m dash (22.04) and third in the 60m dash (6.96), while sophomore Chiebuka Onwuzurike
finished second in the 60m dash (6.95) and earned a new person-best time in the process.
Event: URI Sorlein Invite
Location: Mackal Field House, Kingston, R.I.
- Chiebuka Onwuzurike qualified for the finals of the 60m dash with a time of 6.93, a new personal best. In the finals, Onwuzurike finished second with a time of 6.95 while freshman Nikolas Smith finished third with a time of 6.96.
- Nikolas Smith finished second in the 200m dash with a time of 22.04 while Jordan Love finished fifth with a time of 22.67.
- Cameron Nurse finished fourth in the 500m run with a time of 1:08.01 while Robie Webster was fifth (1.08:59).
- In the field, Chiebuka Onwuzurike competed in the long jump and finished sixth with a jump of 6.30m.
- Robie Webster competed in the 60m hurdles and finished sixth with a time of 8.47.
- Robert Saligman competed in the pole vault and finished sixth with a vault of 4.30m, tying his personal best.
The Terriers will host the John Thomas on Jan. 27 at the TTC.