The Boston University men's rowing team, along with several BU alumni, competed in Day 1 of the 53rd Head of the Charles Regatta (HOCR) on Saturday. The day was highlighted by gold and bronze medal performances by the Club 8 and Club 4 boats respectively.
DeWolfe Boathouse, Charles River – Boston, Mass.
Full Results: Regatta Central
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Men's Club 8 "A" – 1st place (14:32.58)
- Men's Club 8 "B" – 10th place (15:08.14)
- Men's Club 4 – 3rd place (16:37.86)
- Men's Alumni 8 – 10th place (15:20.47)
- Women's Alumni 8 – 18th (18:12.86)
- The men's club 8 "A" boat, coxed by junior Sean Dooling and stroked by sophomore Travis Kennedy, finished first in the club 8 race with a time of 14:32.58 in a field of 36 boats. BU finished ahead of second-place Harvard (14:36.04). In the same race, the BU club 8 "B", coxed by freshman Chloe Jacobs and stroked by junior Tommaso Ferme, finished 10th with a time of 15:08.14.
- Earlier in the day, BU finished third in the club 4 race. Coxed by junior Jeanne Garner and stroked by sophomore James Warren, BU finished with a time of 16:37.86 in a large field of 52 boats.
- Also competing for BU were several alumni boats. The men's alumni 8 boat took 10th (15:20.47), while the women's alumni 8 finished 18th (18:12.86).
SUNDAY, OCT 22 - SCHEDULE OF BU RACES
- The Terriers will compete in Day 2 of the HOCR regatta on Sunday (Oct. 22).
1:16 p.m. – Men's Championship Fours (20 entries)
1:30 p.m. – Women's Championship Fours (16 entries)
1:30 p.m. – Women's Lightweight Championship Fours (11 entries)
1:48 p.m. – Men's Championship Eights (26 entries)
2:22 p.m. – Women's Championship Eights (36 entries)
2:22 p.m. – Women's Lightweight Championship Eights (8 entries)