Senior goaltender Victoria Hanson
made 39 saves and graduate student Mary Parker
scored her 18th goal of the season to help the Boston University women's ice hockey team secure a 1-1 tie with Vermont on Sunday afternoon at Walter Brown Arena.
Final Score: #10 Boston University 1, Vermont 1 (OT)
Records: BU (12-8-4, 7-7-3 WHEA), Vermont (10-7-7, 6-3-5 WHEA)
Location: Walter Brown Arena - Boston, Mass.
- Parker got the Terriers on the board just 54 seconds into the proceedings. Senior co-captain Alexis Crossley got the puck out of the BU zone and onto the stick of sophomore Sammy Davis, who then dished the puck to Parker. The graduate student skated up the left wing and ripped a shot past Madison Litchfield (28 saves).
- Eve-Audrey Picard evened the score for Vermont with just 2.1 seconds to play in the middle frame.
- This was the second overtime game of the weekend and the seventh time that the Terriers have played into a fourth period this season.
- Hanson finished the weekend with 76 saves against the Catamounts.
- Parker extended her point streak to three games (1g, 3a) and became the first Terrier to reach the 30-point plateau this season.
- Davis was the only other Terrier with a point in each game this weekend.
- The Terriers are now 17-2-4 all-time against Vermont at Walter Brown Arena.
- BU will begin a home-and-home series with Providence on Saturday afternoon in Rhode Island.