The Boston University women's ice hockey team will host UConn on Sunday afternoon at Walter Brown Arena. Puck drop is scheduled for 3 p.m.
As part of the team's "Pumpkin Classic," fans in a Halloween costume will be entered to win prizes at the gate. In addition, kids in the eighth grade and under will receive free admission for wearing a costume and can participate in the postgame skate and trick-or-treat with the team. To register, visit GoTerriers.com/PumpkinClassic
- The Terriers enter Sunday's showdown having dropped a 4-2 decision at Maine on Friday afternoon at Alfond Arena.
- Freshman Nara Elia and senior Victoria Bach both scored to cut a 3-0 deficit to 3-2, but the Black Bears added an empty-netter in the final minute of regulation.
- Freshman Kristina Schuler assisted on Elia's second-period strike.
- Senior goaltender Erin O'Neil made 31 saves.
HAPPY TO BE HOME
- BU is 0-2-0 this season at Walter Brown, but both losses were by just one goal apiece.
- The Terriers were tripped up by Merrimack, 2-1, on Sept. 23.
- BU then suffered a heartbreaking 3-2 overtime loss to then-No. 8 Northeastern on Oct. 6.
- The Terriers scored first in both contests.
HISTORY WITH THE HUSKIES
- The Terriers are 23-11-4 all-time against the Huskies, including a 12-6-1 record at Walter Brown Arena.
- UConn has won the last two tilts against BU, both by 2-1 scores.
- Those victories were the first for the Huskies over the Terriers since 2010.
BEST OF BU AGAINST UCONN
SCOUTING THE HUSKIES
- UConn is 2-0-1 in its last three games, including a 2-2 tie in Storrs against No. 3 Boston College on Friday.
- The Huskies have outscored opponents by a 13-3 margin in those three tilts, all of which were at home.
- Senior Annie Belanger made 45 saves against BC on Friday and enters Sunday with a 1.22 goals-against average and a .956 save percentage.
- Freshman Natalie Snodgrass leads the Huskies in both points (8) and assists (5) while sophomore Briana Colangelo has scored a team-best four goals.