The Boston University women's ice hockey team will travel to Storrs, Connecticut, on Friday night to face UConn at Freitas Ice Forum. Game time is scheduled for 6 p.m.
BACK TO WORK
- The Terriers will be playing for the first time since Oct. 28 at Northeastern.
- This will be just the second game in the last 20 days for BU.
- A busy stretch is ahead, however, as the Terriers will play three games in five days starting on Nov. 16.
FIRST TRIP OUTSIDE THE STATE
- Friday will mark the first time that the Terriers have traveled outside of Massachusetts for a game this season.
- BU has left Boston only once this season, which resulted in a 2-2 tie at Merrimack on Oct. 12.
- After Friday, the Terriers will remain within the state for five of their next six games.
HISTORY WITH THE HUSKIES
- BU is 24-11-7 all-time against UConn, including a 10-5-4 record at Freitas Ice Forum.
- Each of the last three meetings has resulted in a tie, with the teams combining for just five goals apiece over those three tilts.
- The Terriers are 21-2-4 in their last 27 games against UConn, a mark that dates back to their victory over the Huskies in the 2010 Hockey East title game.
- BU has held UConn to two goals or fewer in each of the last seven meetings.
LAST TIME AGAINST UCONN
- The Terriers and the Huskies skated to a 1-1 draw on Oct. 19, 2018 at Walter Brown Arena.
- Redshirt junior Sammy Davis opened the scoring at 14:09 of the first period.
- Morgan Wabick evened the score at 14:59 of the second stanza with a power-play goal.
- Sophomore Jesse Compher and senior Connor Galway both assisted on Davis's strike.
- Sophomore Corinne Schroeder made 31 saves, including 14 over the final 25 minutes.
- BU only received one power-play chance while UConn went 0-for-4 on the power play.
- The Terriers outshot the Huskies, 41-32.
BEST OF BU AGAINST UCONN
HEAR ABOUT THE HUSKIES
- UConn lost, 3-0, at Boston College on Nov. 1 after picking up a 7-0 win at Union on Oct. 27.
- The Huskies are 1-3-0 since a 1-1 tie at BU on Oct. 19.
- Sophomore Natalie Snodgrass leads UConn in points (11) and assists (9) while classmate Morgan Wabick is second in points (10) thanks to a team-high six goals.
- Junior goaltender Morgan Fisher is 4-3-1 with a .930 save percentage and a 1.99 goals-against average.
LOOKING BACK AT THE LAST ONE
- The Terriers last played on Oct. 28 at now No. 6 Northeastern, where they suffered a 2-1 setback.
- Sophomore Nara Elia notched an extra-attacker goal with less than a minute remaining in regulation.
- Sophomore Jesse Compher and freshman Mackenna Parker both assisted on the goal.
- Sophomore Corinne Schroeder stopped 23 shots.
- BU outshot the Huskies, 15-1, in the final frame, including a 13-1 margin at even strength.
SCHROEDER SHARP SINCE THE OPENER
- Sophomore Corinne Schroeder has bounced back nicely from a 5-0 loss to Northeastern in the season opener on Oct. 5.
- Schroeder has posted a 1.93 goals-against average and a .935 save percentage in her last five starts.
- She has only allowed four even-strength goals over her last four starts.
- Schroeder has posted a minuscule 1.18 goals-against average at even strength over the last four games.
TERRIERS REMAIN STINGY
- BU has not allowed more than two goals in each of its last five games.
- The Terriers have given up just 1.80 goals per game in that stretch, which ranks fourth in Hockey East.
- They have also held opponents to an average of 27.20 shots on goal over the last five fixtures.